For the 2015 389 model, a change has taken place with the renaming of the former 388. Our catalogue refers to a 388, which is the NEW 389 Short Hood. The 389’s referred to in our catalogue are the NEW 389 Long Hood.
The two major differences between a 388 (389 short hood) and a 389 are:
• Lower hood panel is narrow on a 388. The hood is shorter and this is the area that is affected the most;
• The step sits much higher on a 389. 388’s can fit a 3” wide panel with some gap;
• 2009-2013 389’s use a 2.5” width panel and have a finger width below them;
• 2014+ can only fit a 1.75” wide panel with the same width gap.
These panels are only available with an M5. An M1 light will not fit in the space provided.
***Also note the exhaust location. The exhaust comes out of the top of the step on a 388 and behind it on a 389. This is because the step sits further forward on a 389. The hood extension panel is also significantly more narrow.***
The angle on the hood extension panel is different as well. The 389 sticks out further forward and if used on a 388, could potentially hit the hood.
The height of the cab to the bottom of the hood is also different. Because of this, the panels cannot be used on a different truck without a custom mount.
• A 389 is 24.25” from the bottom of the cab to the bottom of the hood.
• A 388 is 26” from the bottom of the cab to the bottom of the hood.
Showing all 6 results